2006-01-21

Quick and clean blogging using Markdown

I like to write posts in 'Edit HTML' mode because I want to have clean, semantic HTML on my blog. I'm happy that I can use Markdown now to write my posts and convert them to HTML using my user script (based on js-markdown) because this is much faster then writing HTML.

My post announcing the user script had little info on Markdown. I'm not going to copy the complete Markdown syntax here, but I will put a short example in this post to give you an indication of how Markdown can help you writing HTML.

Markdown example:

# Clean & quick HTML writing

This is a [Markdown](http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) example.
It is intended to be as *easy-to-read* and *easy-to-write* as is feasible.

* List item 1 **strong**
* List item 2 `code`

> Blockquoted text

Resulting HTML:

<h1>Clean &amp; quick HTML writing</h1>

<p>This is a <a href="http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/">Markdown</a> example.
It is intended to be as <em>easy-to-read</em> and <em>easy-to-write</em> as is feasible.</p>

<ul>
<li>List item 1 <strong>strong</strong></li>
<li>List item 2 <code>code</code></li>
</ul>

<blockquote>
  <p>Blockquoted text</p>
</blockquote>

No comments: