I wrote my own Form data rescue user script after some problems loosing data.
This week I was internet banking. After I had all the transaction information (including a 16 digit number) the internet banking site came up with a lame error. I've had this error before and knew that you'd just have to try it again. Too bad all the form data was gone.
Last week I had the same problem when I was writing a post to my personal blog: Blogger came up with an error and all the data was gone. Recover post also didn't work.
- The data is cleared when the form is submitted.
- The data is stored in a cookie, which are limited in number and per cookie data.
So I wrote my own Form data rescue user script. Features:
- Data is (permanently) stored using
- Data will not be cleared when the form is submitted.
- The rescue function is placed in the
User Script Commandsmenu (under
This script has a down side as well. I have chosen not to include all sites for this script since all the data will remain stored. If you would like data storage for a limited time, please check the Auto save forms user script.